The Theology of The Urantia Book
by Ruth Burton
A Study of God as Personal
Part B: God the Son
References in [brackets]
References in (parentheses) indicate page and paragraph numbers
in the original edition of The Urantia Book.
- God the Son
- 1. Introduction.
- [10:2.6] Family relationships.
- [6:5.3] Vast nonpersonal spirit host.
- [7:0.3] Eternal Son is counterpart of Paradise Isle.
- 2. Identity, nature, attributes of the Son.
- The "only begotten Son" confused with Jesus.
- The "Word" of God. [6:2.2]
- Minister of the Father's love, a mercy minister. [6:3.2] (75.Sec.3)
- Co-creator. John 1.1 (74.1b, 5)
- Spiritual administrator.
- Personal management of the spiritual government of the universe. [6:2.2]
- Spiritual characteristics enhanced by differentiation from Father.
- Bathes all creation in spirit. (76.nl) (78.1,3)
- The Eternal Son is the Personality Absolute. [6:7.1]
- (74.1d) First Source and Center is Volitional Absolute.
- (79.Sec.7) Personality of the Son.
- 3. Limitations of the Eternal Son. [6:4.6-7] [6:5.1-4] [7:2.3]
- The Son has no function in physical gravity or in mind ministry except
through the Conjoint Actor. (77.4)
- Bestows personality only with the Father. (77.6)
- Has limited creator prerogatives. [6:5.4] (77 .last)
- Cannot fragment, as does the Father. [6:5.1] (76.nl 78.1)
- 4. Spirit gravity. [12:8.4] [6:4.1] [7:1.1] [7:1.2-7] (8l.Sec.1)
- Son's drawing power on all spirit reality is just as absolute as that
of Paradise Isle on energy-matter.
- [7:3.1-4] [7:1.6] [7:3.2] [12:8.4] [7:1.1] [7:1.7]
- Like physical gravity, spirit attraction functions also in lesser local
- Spirit gravity transcends time and space. [7:1.1] [7:1.3] [7:1.6]
- Son's circuits control all actualized spirit values; Diety Absolute
in-fluences potential spirit reality.
- Spirit circuits transmit human prayer to Deity, discriminating proper
- [7:3.3-4] [7:3.2] (84.3-6)
- 5. The Bestowal Plan, the Son's contribution to the mortal ascension
- [7:5.3] [7:4.1] [7:5.4-5] [7:5.2-5] [7:7.1-2] [6:0.3] [7:0.1]
- The Son is the divine trustee of the plan, and, with the Infinite Spirit,
- The three Deities co-operate in the Divine Perfection Plans.
- Father: Adjusters and personality
- Son: Bestowal of divine Sons on evolutionary planets; Salvage Plan
to function in emergency, as on Urantia.
- Spirit: Mercy ministry of angelic orders.
- The Son's down stepping gradations of sonship bring to material man
his most definitely conscious and concrete contact with Paradise Deity.
- The pattern of bestowal is from Paradise and Havona.
- The Son and his Sons are the supreme revelation of the Father to men
- [7:7.2] (89.1) ...the Father's character...amplified for revelation.....
Ruth Burton MTR 12/8/65 1/24/66
A Service of
The Urantia Book Fellowship